Wednesday, March 03, 2021
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST
Financial aid offers from colleges use confusing terminology and formatting, making it difficult for students to make informed financial choices about college. This training shows you the power of analyzing aid offers and gives you the tools and knowledge to support your students with this critical step in the financial aid process.
During this training, we’ll review examples of actual aid offers and break down the different terminology. Using a case study, we’ll demonstrate how to use uAspire's College Cost Calculator with students so they understand the total costs of attending different colleges, including estimates for their indirect expenses and loan repayment.
You'll be able to:
- Identify ways aid offers can be confusing and even misleading
- Define and explain aid offer jargon in student-friendly terms
- Respond to difficult scenarios that may arise for students during aid offer review
- Use uAspire’s College Cost Calculator to accurately compare college costs
- Explain the financial implications of different college options to students and families