Job Posting – Manager of Salesforce and Data Integrity
uAspire* imagines a day when all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential by graduating from college, regardless of their families’ financial resources or postsecondary experiences.
* Formerly known as ACCESS, uAspire changed its name in September 2012 to better align the organization’s name with its dual focus on helping students gain access to and succeed in college.
uAspire is committed to ensuring that all young people have the financial information and resources necessary to achieve their dreams of higher education. uAspire provides free college affordability advice and advocacy to students and families in Massachusetts and Miami, helping them to overcome the financial barriers to a postsecondary education. Since 1985, uAspire has provided financial aid advising more than 60,000 students and families since 1985, and leveraged $220 million in financial aid over the last five years. Through strategic partnerships with high schools, community organizations and local universities, uAspire helps academically prepared students find an affordable path to – and through – a postsecondary education. uAspire is in the early stages of implementing a multi-faceted Growth with Quality Plan that will enable the organization to positively impact the lives of 1,000,000 students by 2017.
The Manager of Salesforce and Data Integrity (MSDI) works under the supervision of the Director of Research and Evaluation to support the development, implementation, oversight, and strategic integration of uAspire’s data systems. This position is responsible for the management of uAspire’s Salesforce database and related information systems, ensuring the collection and maintenance of high quality program, development and fundraising, operations, and related data. The MSDI works closely with each department (Program, Fundraising, and Operations) to build cross-departmental reporting mechanisms that support strategic decision making and program impact.
The MSDI applies knowledge and expertise in the area of data quality and information management systems with a “customer service” mindset. He/She has a keen ability to introduce new collection, reporting and analysis data systems across diverse departments, paying close attention to user needs and providing ongoing customized support. The MSDI will ensure that data systems are fully adopted, implemented, and commissioned to support the dynamic, evolving needs of a growing national organization.
Oversee Systems to Ensure Data Integrity Across Departments
- Collaborate with key department personnel to refine high-priority data points for each department (Program, Fundraising, Operations)
- Refine/build, roll-out, and oversee the implementation of systems that enable high quality data collection, entry, and integration, including:
- Oversee routine data cleaning and data quality checks
- Develop reports and dashboards to continuously monitor data integrity
- Manage user feedback and troubleshooting systems
- Develop and document data system protocols and procedures, and support on-going training of database users
- For all data integrity processes, embody a hyper-focus on ensuring that new systems and processes “stick” across all database users, meaning they are user-friendly, well thought-out, intuitive, and meet the evolving needs of end users in their design and implementation
Develop & Maintain Organization-Wide Salesforce Database
- Work with a cross-functional internal team of department stakeholders to ensure Salesforce database architecture aligns with organizational priorities and strategy; make enhancements to Salesforce to improve alignment when necessary
- Regularly solicit and respond positively and proactively to feedback from staff across all departments regarding their experiences with Salesforce
- Regularly assess new opportunities to align organizational data needs with Salesforce’s offerings, and coordinate follow-through on ideas as plans are approved by department/organizational leaders
- Manage relationships and coordinate roles, responsibilities, and deliverables with external database consultants
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Belief in and adherence to uAspire’s Organizational Values – Student-Centered, Excellent, Dedicated, Collaborative, and Systems-Focused
- Customer service mindset required, including a well-developed ability to collect and respond positively and proactively to feedback and changing needs of all users
- Extensive experience with Salesforce development and administration
- Proven ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to manage projects across internal and external audiences, prioritize tasks across multiple departments, and ensure accurate and timely delivery of end results
- Strong ability to manage and participate in collaborative peer teams
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a growing, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to work flexible hours that will include some early mornings and evenings
Salary commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: Manager of Salesforce and Data Integrity, Attn: Jessica Greenberg