The Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB) is the oldest real estate organization in America, founded in 1889, representing more than 8,000 members in the residential and commercial disciplines of the industry. The Board’s core mission is to provide education, advocacy, and philanthropy to the Greater Boston community. This scholarship, offered through the Greater Boston Real Estate Board Foundation, continues GBREB’s commitment to education, and extends it to women and men who are pursuing their dream of receiving a college education.
This is the third year that uAspire and the Greater Boston Real Estate Board have partnered together to provide this scholarship. Last year, 31 students were awarded a GBREB scholarship. This number may vary from year to year depending upon the applicant pool. This scholarship will be guaranteed for two years, although dollar mount may vary depending upon recipient’s need. uAspire is administering this scholarship on behalf of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Must be a Class of 2014 high school graduate and live in one of the towns which comprises the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (see scholarship application for list of towns)
- Awards based on demonstrated academic achievement, leadership experience and extracurricular involvement, and demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must complete and submit FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- U.S. citizen or eligible permanent resident as specified on the FAFSA
- Complete application before the deadline of March 25, 2014 (see scholarship application for more information)
March 25, 2014
The GBREB scholarship application can be found by clicking here.